As the school made progress and earned a reputation for its curriculum and approach to education, it became clear that it needed to move to a quieter and larger place. The search for a place intensified under the leadership of Shri Kuruvilla Jacob, and Napier Gardens in Chetput was identified as the perfect location. The present location on which the school stands, became a reality in 1950. The school started functioning from the new location from that year.
Shri Kuruvilla Jacob was one of the finest headmasters that the school has ever had, and it was during his period that the school reached its pinnacle of glory as one of the finest educational institutions in the country.
Shri Kuruvilla Jacob was one of the longest serving headmasters of the school when he retired in 1961-62.